Friday, January 2, 2009

Obama the Gaffe Machine

Since Inauguration gets closer, I'm looking back at Michelle Malkin's Best Of collection of Obama gems. Some of them deserve to be on YouTube next to that Miss America or Kellie Pickler:

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." (The actual death toll: 12)

"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go."

"Thank you, Sioux City. ... I said it wrong. I've been in Iowa for too long. I'm sorry." (in Sioux Falls, S.D.)

"There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Ala., because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born." (the Selma march was in 1965. Obama was born in 1961)

"We only have a certain number of them, and if they are all in Iraq, then it's harder for us to use them in Afghanistan." (Speaking about translators. Iraqis and Afghanis speak totally different languages)

No comments:

Post a Comment