Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Thoughts about the environment after my Yosemite trip

A few random thoughts about the state of the planet, just went through my mind during my trip to the Yosemite, including the drive from the San Francisco airport:
  • It was second half of June and I saw a lot of snow covered mountains during my flights. I have no idea what routes Al Gore flies in his private jet. EIther he makes a big detour, consumming extra fuel, or he just ignores it. I think it's the latter, since he proved that he doens't care about facts.
  • Crossing the SF Bay, you can't see anything on the shores, everything being covered by thick pollution. Isn't it ironic that three of the most green, liberal and environmental cities in America (San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York) are the most polluted? Wanna see a clean city? Go to Houston, TX.
  • Hiking the sequoia groves of Yosemite I learned about the effects of a hundred years of environmentalism in the park. Because of the special care these woods have received from the greens (the eco-equivalent of the Nanny state), sequoias are not seeding anymore and the ground is full of junk. Now they have to start controlled fires every year, until the natural balance of the forest returns to where it was before the enviro-wackos took over.
  • For this, I credit Dennis Miller: Those hybrid car drivers in California don't care about the future of Mother Earth. Truth is that we won't come up with an alternative to oil until we actually run out of oil. That's why I drive an SUV: To deplete the oil reserves and force humanity to come up with something better. The hybrid owners just prolong this grueling ordeal...

No comments:

Post a Comment